Monday, July 6, 2015

Excuse the Reason for this Blog

Random Contexts – Putting Ideas in Perspective

I write under Nae 2Real for a couple reasons.  The first reason is because Nae is my name, part of it at least, and I identify with my name.  In other words, I see no reason not to use part of my ‘real’ name in a creative capacity.  The second reason for writing under Nae 2Real is because I do believe I am ‘too real,’ or 2Real, for many people to handle.  I feel like otherwise, I wouldn’t spend so much time reading and writing.  Plus, even though what other people do isn’t my business, I still think most people are fake, and that false reality is not a good world in which to live.  ‘There’s no more dangerous liar than the one who believes that the lie is the truth.’

And it wasn’t a grammatical error when I said ‘I see no reason not to use part of my ‘real’ name in a creative capacity.’  All creative writing isn’t necessarily poetry or fiction.  I feel like this caveat is required because I really don’t know how many people understand the concept of ‘creative non-fiction.’  Don’t get me wrong, poetry and fiction are cool.  I do indulge in those genres from time to time.  I like creative non-fiction, though, because it’s real.  For me, it’s easier to keep up with what’s real than to percolate fanciful thoughts.  This doesn’t mean I don’t, won’t, or can’t be fanciful by any means.  It just means I prefer reality over fiction.

Random contexts is my investment in illustrating how I frame my writing, and a hopelessly romantic ideal of how others should frame my writing as well.  It is easier to explain why I’m writing what I’m writing than to allow readers to wonder what I mean, wallowing in uncertainty, while all the time I could’ve just framed the proper perspective for the reader.

I am basically going to go through my thoughts and explain, but not excuse, my rationale for these thoughts.  Because sometimes, the train of thought is derailed by a subject, which then requires a supplement to help carry the subject to its intended purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment